Renewable Energy Integration Group, LLC with offices located in Charlotte, NC is looking for passionate, talented, and energetic team members who want to contribute to making a difference in our nation’s energy future. Our company is totally focused on monitoring and controlling clean renewable energy systems to make them viable and reliable sources of energy for America and the world, and we need people with an appetite for technology and the future to join us in that mission.
We are looking for a Field Service Technician I (FST) to add to our highly specialized team. You will be responsible for many different aspects of communication installation services on all types of utility scale renewable energy projects across the southeast and beyond. In the position, you will be a critical team member that will complete fiber splicing, fiber testing, installation, and programing of communications equipment on renewable energy projects for our customers. As such, the successful candidate will be required to travel a significant portion of each week depending on the timing, scope, location and needs of the projects you will be assigned.
Specific job duties for the Field Service Technician:
- Responsible for installation of electronic equipment enclosures, weather sensors, and wire/cables to support project site communications and operation.
- Responsible for configuring electronic field equipment and weather sensors with their initial settings and test their operation using PC’s, software applications and related hand tools
- Perform field service work on all types of systems including data loggers, weather stations, network equipment, and protocol adapters.
- Responsible for troubleshooting sensors and instrumentation, equipment settings, serial and Ethernet communications and enabling or restoring full connectivity,
- Perform system commissioning and testing to ensure accurate data reporting and operation coordinating with third parties.
The ideal candidate will have the following minimum qualifications :
- An AS/Technical certification in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, electronics, telecommunications, or related discipline, 2 years field telecommunications or electrical experience, preferably within the electrical/controls/SCADA industries. An equivalent combination of related experience and education will be considered.
- OSHA 10 certification required, either already held or will be trained to these safety levels.
Job Type: Full-time