Renewable Energy Intel Group, LLC with offices located in Charlotte, NC is looking for passionate, talented, and energetic team members who want to contribute to making a difference in our nation’s energy future. Our company is totally focused on monitoring and controlling clean renewable energy systems to make them viable and reliable sources of energy for America and the world, and we need people with an appetite for technology and the future to join us in that mission.
We are looking for an In-House Engineering Technician to add to our highly specialized team. You will be responsible for many distinct aspects of system engineering, system design, system architecture, and commissioning services on all types of utility scale renewable energy projects across the southeast and beyond. In the position, you will be a critical team member that will help us design, install, program and commission renewable energy projects for our many different customers. As such, the successful candidate may be required to travel at times depending on the timing, scope, location and needs of the projects you will be assigned.
A Successful In-House Engineering Technician should possess the following attributes:
- Has a can-do, positive attitude, with goals of constant professional and personal improvement, who seeks to be innovative and proficient.
- Can organize and complete complex project assignments and tasks in an efficient manner under minimal supervision, while meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Is highly knowledgeable about the assigned project needs and can perform the required scope of work successfully and proactively.
- Is curious and inquisitive, always seeking to know more about the industry and how they can grow into new areas of responsibility.
- Has a mindset of constant quality workmanship and deep pride in their chosen craft.
- Is a communicator who proactively interacts with all our project’s customers- both internal and external.
- Maintains REIG’s high standards of excellence with attention to quality and detail while under a wide variety of site conditions and time pressures.
Specific job duties for the In-House Engineering Technician:
- Responsible for DAS/SCADA System design and drawings, using CAD, Visio, and other tools.
- Responsible for IP Network Topology design and drawings.
- Responsible for Modbus Network design and drawings.
- Responsible for configuring electronic field equipment (meters, network interfaces, third-party communication devices) with their initial settings and test their operation using PC’s, software applications and related hand tools.
- Responsible for troubleshooting sensors and instrumentation, equipment settings, serial and Ethernet communications and enabling or restoring full connectivity.
- Ensuring accurate data flow to various web portal and SCADA vendors
- Perform remote and field service work on all types of systems including data loggers, weather stations, network equipment, and protocol adapters. The ability to diagnose and troubleshoot communications issues is a critical required skill.
Your success will be our success and we expect excellence in these areas:
- In-depth knowledge regarding the proper use of electrical construction tools, computer/data logging hardware and software to accomplish project tasks in a timely manner.
- Experience with CAD software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio software
- Advanced IP Networking knowledge
- Building positive two-way relationships with customers, vendors, and subcontractors
- Completing tasks and projects on time, on budget consistently
- The ability to communicate the project technical details and needs to others both on and off the job site well.
- The ability to innovate and craft new ideas that will improve project efficiency and profitability.
- Maintaining a positive attitude of success and partnership with the company’s executive team
The ideal candidate will have the following minimum qualifications and exhibit the following personal attributes:
- A BS in Electrical Engineering or other related discipline or other applicable education will be considered.
- CompTIA+, CCNA, or other advanced networking certification
- Has at least 2 years real-world engineering experience, preferably within the electrical/controls/SCADA industries. Other related experience will be considered.
- Is passionate about quality, consistency and meeting or exceeding project goals and objectives.
- Is customer focused and is constantly thinking win-win in every opportunity.
- Has a record of accomplishment of successfully completing complex, technical projects (references required).
- Works closely with other engineers, project managers and similar technical personnel.
- Can use the correct tools and technology to accomplish project goals efficiently.
- Can join the REIG team ready and willing to get underway immediately with proper orientation and training beforehand.
- Has a mindset of constant and never-ending improvement.
Job Type: Full-time